0

I mean…I’m pretty sure that contouring has to fall out of favor and fade into the shadows someday, but it’s still going strong for now, especially at Benefit, and I’ve got the evidence for ya:
I think I mention this every 15 minutes, but I’m not a big contouring person (highlights for life, yo!). I gave it the old college try once again, though, with these new products because, well, you just never know, right?

I started with the Quickie Contour Stick…

Benefit Quickie Contour Stick

It’s a matte warm bronzed brown cream-to-powder contouring stick, and Benefit recommends that you can apply it down the sides of your nose, under your cheekbones and around the edge of your face, then blend it in with your fingers or a brush.
After a few go-rounds with it, well, let’s just say that I won’t be flipping over to #TeamContour anytime soon…
It’s kinda difficult to use, because the stick is wide and feels awkward when I run it under my cheekbones and down sides of my nose.
I always end up with waaay too much of it on my face, and then after I blend it in, I can’t really see any contouring effect at all.
I think there are few things going on…

It would be better (for me) if it had cooler undertones

I think the Contour Stick is just too warm to effectively contour my skin tone (and probably most skin tones in general). If it was cooler, or maybe if it had more grayish undertones, then I think it could better chisel out those contours, but as it is now, it’s just not workin’ for me.
Oh, and the first time I opened it — and I don’t know if the heavy weights in my HIIT class have turned me into She-Ra Princess of Power (doubt it!) — but the stick flew out and sailed halfway across the room.

Benefit Hoola Lite Bronzing Powder

This one is a matte golden bronze right in the middle on the temperature scale. It’s soft and blends nicely into the skin.
        Stay Blessed !!!
       Okeoghene Ajiri 

Post a Comment

[Fashion][combine][Fashion][5]

[Motivation][combine][Motivation][5]

[Skin Care][featuredpost][skin care][10]

 
Top